Mitchell's dedication

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday afternoon update

Jodi has asked me (Ted's mom) to update the blog; this will be a simplified explanation of the latest developments. Mitchell had a slight setback last night caused by a significant decrease in his oxygen saturation levels. The reason for this is complicated, and I won't attempt to go into the details. Suffice it to say that he was sent back to CICU and will be staying there tonight. The good news is that his levels have improved greatly, and they are now weaning him off of the oxygen. The plan is for him to return to Step Down tomorrow. Jodi said he is not only awake this afternoon but even smiled:)! I'm sure all three are exhausted - Ted stayed at the hospital last night with the intention of Jodi being able to get some sleep, but, as it turned out, I'm not sure either of them slept. I'm hoping that they can both go to the hotel tonight and, to some extent, relax a little knowing Mitchell will have the full attention of the nursing staff for the evening.

We know that the Lord is completely in control of little Mitchell's situation, but the ups and downs are obviously stressful for his parents and all of the family. Thank you for your continued concern and prayers as they go through this second phase of surgery and recovery.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart aches for all of you. know that you are on our minds and in our prayers continuously.
Elaine