Mitchell's dedication

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pain but Gain


Mitchell has had a fairly good day today; his heart lines were removed, and the time when there was the greatest likelihood of bleeding has passed. Mitchell, if he could talk, might differ with this evaluation of the day's events. The anesthesiologist had difficulty in starting a second IV which the doctors felt would be prudent, and, after many attempts, had to start a femoral line. It's hard to think of a tiny baby enduring what he has in such a short time, and seeing it firsthand cannot be easy. Jodi sounded good when I talked to her, but, being the bossy mother/mother-in-law that I am, I couldn't pass up advising them to have an early dinner and get everyone to bed as early as possible. The past two days and the waiting involved have been draining.

It was so nice that Pastor and Mrs. Cooley from Burgess Road Baptist, Ted and Jodi's home church, were able to be with them for part of the day. I'm sure their presence was a great encouragement. Jean and Bethany have probably arrived back in Pensacola by this time.

Will keep you updated with any news, but we are praising God for the progress today - he will probably be transferred to the step-down unit in a day or two, and then the five of them will finally be able to spend some time together.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mitchell is the most adorable baby ever. I just want to kiss him. I have been praying for him, the doctors, and nurses. Sincerely, Blair Edgar (SH Social worker)